Making it work for you
In recent research carried out by Slater & Gordon Lawyers, one in seven people aged 40 and over felt that they were more likely to be overlooked for promotion than younger colleagues, and by age 54, more at risk of redundancy and less likely to be approached about new opportunities.
More women than ever are setting up their own businesses, and many of these are mums looking for flexible or part-time work once they've had children. Your previous career may no longer work for you, but why shouldn't you still use the skills and experience you've learnt along the way?
We believe that once you have reached a certain age, you have a wealth of experience to draw on and skills to offer; and that if you're a mum who wants to work flexibly around having a family you should be able to work it out to suit you too.
Join the club
About Success is about helping you make the most of that experience by providing you with different options and the support you need while you work out what you'd like to do next. Can't find another job? Don't want another job? Want a part-time job? Want to set up your own business? You'll find all the resources you need to help you, as a member of our About Success Club.
If you're retired or approaching retirement, unemployed, looking for a change of career, or a mother who wants more flexible work or to set up your own business, you qualify to join the About Success Club.
Sign up to our executive job share site; keep your skills active by becoming a mentor; learn new skills at one of our workshops; draw on the support and advice of your fellow About Success Club members; and enjoy some downtime at our business networking evenings and events.
For a fee that costs less than a decent night out, About Success helps you to make it work for you:
- Immediate access to a network of other people in Tunbridge Wells, Kent and Sussex in a similar situation to you
- Business and career guidance from our experienced team of advisers, coaches and executive search consultants
- Instant advice at your finger tips via our Ask-an-Adviser service
- Access to our exclusive job share jobsite
- The opportunity to share your skills and experience with companies in need of mentors
- An online library of useful resources to support you during your job search, change of career or in setting up a new business
- Invitations to business networking evenings and events
- Offers and discounts from organisations we think will be useful to you.